Jesus, I might be in love, or falling for, or have deep feelings for someone. This is going to sound dumb, but for all of you that read this, if you feel like it, could you please tell me what your are feeling when you have initial/new feelings for/about someone? I mean feelings you had when you first were getting to know the person. And (this is going to sound dumb), if you really don't mind, distinguish them from feelings you have from like a girl, for those of you who like guys and not girls, or are bi. This sounds like a question that someone my age should already know. But, if you have read most of my blog, you might have an understanding as to why I am asking a question such as this.
Physical attraction is separate from emotional attraction, right? This what rather (in a simplistic way) separates whether you like guys or girls, correct? Like, with friends, you have an emotional attachment, and with a boy/girlfriend and/or partner, you have physical attraction along with a strong emotional attachment? I know this is baby talk, just bear with me.....I am floundering here. This is new territory for me. Had other things to do deal with in middle/high school, and after that.
Thankies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow!! Well, you got me smiling, kid, even at 2:30 in the morning!! I just finished posting, and, really should have gone to sleep ages ago, but, when I went to check the new post, I noticed this one... I couldn't resist!! lol
ReplyDeleteSo, you want to know if physical attraction is separate from emotional attraction... Sometimes... I mean, I can see a beautiful boy walking down the street... a real stunner, and, go 'Wow!! He's amazing!!' But, it might end there... But, when that initial wow turns into an actual encounter, and, the vibrations seem in sync-- the smile is genuine, the eye contact is startling, unnerving even, causing me to blush, or feel hot... Well, that's when the attraction takes on a different dimension.
After that, say you go home, all bothered-- can't get the guy out of your mind. You try to focus on a menial task- cooking dinner. But, no matter what you do, his smile, or gentle touch just keeps coming back to you... Well, that's the start!! It might be a physical reaction that escalates into an obsessive state, but, after you see him a few times, and, he seems to be unable to go for more than a few hours w/o calling (just like you) for no really good reason, well, it's become quite an emotional attachment too!!
But, comparing it to the emotional attachment you have with friends-- IDK... they're different. Not as intense... more calm and rational... Yeah, that's what I'm trying to get across to you, Erik-- At first blush, a new love is quite IRRATIONAL... It seems like you can't breathe sometimes, if you feel like he's not calling like he promised... Then, the phone rings, all is well, and, it's like Nirvana again!! It can be a really wild and crazy ride... There's really nothing like it!! I wish you well, kid!! I don't know if I confused you more. I hope not!! But, I do envy you!! lol luv, tman<3