Hi everybody!!!!!
Before I get started: to a dear fellow blogger out there who has helped me out from since I started this blog, and has been having issues with his coming out to his brother, hang in there:)
Not much going on here. Hope everybody and their house survived the storms we have been having.
I am still looking for a job. I have had some interests, and two interviews so far. So, since it has only been about two and a-half months, I am still pretty optimistic in terms of finding a job within a reasonable amount of time.
In the mean-time, and am trying to organize my time better so I have more time to do some of my hobbies. I have enough time now to play the piano enough for me to get better at it, so that will be good. I am planning on working on my photography skills and on poems. Absolutely loooovvvveee poetry, just not that great at it yet. Wish I had a better camera and photoshop, but they are a little expensive for me right now, oh welllls:) I am also working on increasing my skills at web design (css, xhtml, javascript, etc...).
I am also still planning on going on one or two backpacking trips. I need to update my gear, but it won't be too expensive. Wanted to wait till it got cooler, the heat was horrendous this summer!! It will be good to be outdoors for a while, plus it would be a good opportunity for neat photos.
I am currently reading a book called "Among Others" by Jo Walton. It is about a girl who uses her love of books, fiction, science fiction, and fantasy, as way to handle the hard times in her life. It is really neat so far. It really is for anyone who read and used/uses books and their stories as a way to just get away from the world for a bit.
That is really all that is going on......
There is something else, but I think that I should wait until after this Sunday till I put up anything on here about it. Be forewarned, I may sound like an extremely giddy preteen when I do lol. I know, I am such a tease.
Good to hear from you buddy! Glad things are going well. Sounds like the job hunt is very fulfilling, that's truly awesome.
ReplyDeleteI know who you're talking about, I, too am praying for him and his brother, and for a positive outcome.
Organizing time, whew...I gave up and just do whatever. It means I never get anything done though. HAHAHAHAHA
Post some poetry, and some pictures! Even some music you play. That would be cool.
I need to get outdoors more, I didn't know you backpacked. Come on down south, we'll go out to the Blue Ridge.
Can't wait for Sunday!
Peace <3
Jay
OMG!!!!! Hiya Sweetie!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????? lol
ReplyDeleteThank you for saying that, btw... I really appreciate that you did.
I've been thinking about you. Hoping that you were happy... Trying your best to find work in this difficult economy. I know it's hard, but keep at it! Sometimes, the only thing that separates applicants, is determination! If you send a resume, make sure to follow up... more than once, even if it seems like you're becoming a pest!! The key is to convince your potential employer that you are doggedly determined to work for him/her. That's what I look for when I hire someone-- a worker who will not have to be told to try his best. Determination pays, in the long run!!
Oh boy! I wish I could join you in the 'Outback' hiking!! I'll bet you'll have a blast with the cooler temps! Hopefully the skeeters are decimated by the time you get out there, Erik!
So, now that I know you're around, I'll check back! Get those pictures posted if you can! Maybe some poems, if you don't mind sharing...I'll be looking foward to it! luv, tman<3
Hi Jay! I just want to organize my time enough so that I can do the things I like. My dad took me and my older brother backpacking as part of vacations quite a lot when we were younger. I grew to appreciate the quiet and lack of concern that a long trip in the woods gives to you.
ReplyDeleteHi tman! I hope you are doing okay. I will probably be able to do some backpacking in the nice weather of October and/or November. I don't anticipate a job by then, so I should have the time. I am working on the poems. Been a while since I have done any.
ReplyDelete