Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I have pretty much decided that I will move back into my parents place. I will tell my houseowner probably Friday and leave Friday or this weekend. I will pay him for next week even if I wont be there, because it would be the right thing to do. I feel bad doing it sooo sooooon, but it really is time to leave. Oh wellllls. My mom is okay with me moving back. She thinks it was good for me, and that I should still look for another place to stay until I find a full time job once I graduate. But she is okay with it. We came upon some understandings, so I think it will be much better than before I moved out. Plus, I will be using a room this time that will give me more privacy and all that, as my brother will be in the city for his co-op. I still feel bad about the small work issue (read the comments for last post), but I know that even she is/was annoyed it will matter little soon, and especially when I am done, which is soon as well. Might be sooner if I find a job right after I graduate!!!! I want to move back home this friday or Saturday that I will have time to do things this weekend. Plus I just don't feel like staying there a week, with the fact that I am moving looming over our heads. I don't like to wait on those kind of things. I also just want to leave there, now that the two roommates have left or are leaving as well. The place has worn out its appeal by a long shot.

Thanks for listening!!!!

Erik

2 comments:

  1. lol... OK, kid!! Well, you nearly gave me a heart attack when I read the 1st sentence, I have to admit! But, then I read the part about your understanding, so it's all good.

    When I left the military and started my civilian life, I moved back home for what turned out to be about a 3 month stay... I never had an understanding with my parents about much of anything- they had NO idea about my sexuality or the fact that at that point I was not the same person in many ways who said goodbye before as he left to serve his country...

    As a result, their attempts to treat me like I was still a teenager failed miserably and so did my 'tenancy'... lol I moved out like my butt was on fire, 3 months later, to my mom's complete dismay. Hmm... It never would have worked... staying there. I felt imprisoned. Trapped in so many ways- a gay man, w/o recognition, trying to come to terms with so many things, including his self worth... I often wonder if my parents would have allowed me to come home if they had known the 'real' me... Ah, but that is just academic at this point.-- As long as your mom doesn't have a notion that she's going to 'change' you, or some idea that you'll be open to the kind of verbal abuse that you were getting before, it's all good- save some money, like every kid your age, and prepare for the relentless bills that come with complete independence!! lol

    Good luck to you, Erik!! luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik,
    I moved out as a junior in college, in January, because the family was allegedly moving to Missouri. I stayed the year's leash and moved as a second semester senior...yup...back home. I got the basement bedroom, and figured out how to block the air vent that led directly to my parents' bedroom overhead. It worked for the 10 months I stayed - just through graduation, and the job hunt. So good for you. You can save some bucks, and be ready to go when you go find that perfect job!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete