Okay, soooo... I had an interesting time with this group. And yes, everybody there was gay. It was awesome! Probably the best moment, was when one of them started asking me questions about whether I have come out, and if I had any gay/lesbian friends, and other questions like that. He apologized for being nosy, but to be honest, it felt REALLLLY good to talk about that to someone face to face. It sure did bring up regrets that I had not come out much earlier in my life like so many people have, whose blogs I have been reading. Most of the people at this dinner were outside my age range in terms of dating. One of them was pretty cute though. He offered to be my wing man whenever I go "man searching". It feels really sad, that I am actively being a part of myself, only through a frickin meet up group! However, this is hopefully just the beginning. In case anybody actually reads this post, and they actually become interested, I will be puting up some more updates as they happen.
The summer quarter of graduate school has started this week, ugh. Cannot wait until graduate school is over. I am still trying to get an internship. I had one set up, a really good one, but the company required that I recieve academic credit. My school has guidelines for academic credit that made this internship impossible. It sucks. The person I had been talking to that is from this compan apologized, and told me to contact them again when I graduate and am looking for a job. So, some good came of it.
Maybe you've posted more about this later on and I have yet to find it. So please do post more. But why should you question yourself being at a gay group to meet gays? You're sure not going to do it joining the Boy Scouts!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking for an outlet. Maybe this is a possibility. My city is big enough. Hmmmm....
Jay in VA
hey kid!! I'll tell you, I went thru the same problem at your age-- 1st in the military, home of intolerance and, completely closeted guys that creates homophobia... Even some of the gay guys reacted impulsively, because of the fear of being outed... But, times are changing... You have opportunity at a much younger age than I did, in reality... I wish I was your age-- I'd hook up with you!! A talented musician, an intellectual, a sensitive guy... man, what's NOT to like!! You just have to be a little more confident about yourself, and, your ability to adjust, if people find out!! We'll work on that, if you want... luv, tman<3
ReplyDelete